To understand the new work modalities between manufacturers and distributers that Category Management implies, and to offer a clear method for category development: from elaborating a diagnostic and a strategic plan to implementing the corresponding tactics and follow-ups.
I. Category Management’s approach
- Category Management’s approac
- Category’s contribution in the retailer’s financial equation.
- Category Management’s objective’s definition.
- Roles and responsibilities distribution between retailers and suppliers
II. Define the opportunities for the Category and desing the strategy
- The 7 steps for the elaboration rhe strategic plan
- The analytical and opportunity - search method for the category
- The category´s strategy -making in a competitve environment
III. Definition method for the assortment, planogrms, prices and promotion
- Methods used for the making of a efficient assortment
- Organization, management and optimization criteria
- Price and promotions tactics
IV. Implementation and follow-up of a Category Management Project
- The key steps of the collaboration between the manufacturer and the distributer
- The fundamental tools for its implementation
- The team´s role on the field
- Result - control tools
Dynamics: his course will be based on theoretical materials, real examples of company balances and the Roll Playing application. The materials needed for this course will be provided.
Trainer: Sessions coordinated exclusively by a Senior Key Account Negotiation Expert, in Spanish, English or French.
Session: Total of 16 hours, divided in two days